Monday, March 2, 2009

Trip to Port Aransas


We left last Thursday for the Whooping Crane Festival in Port Aransas, TX. I went on three boat tours and saw lots of birds, including two life birds for me - a reddish egret and of course whooping cranes. There were plenty of roseate spoonbills, avocets, oyster catchers, grebes, and both white and brown pelicans, and many, many more. My friend, G. is a member of TOWN and they had a group camping there. My son and I hung out with them a lot including the boat ride to see the whooping cranes. It was super windy the whole time we were there though. The day we left we ditched a plan to go to Aransas Wildlife Refuge because it was too cold. Will and I got along great and he had a good time. G's son was along also and they found a way to pass the time with a Game Boy while their mom's did the nature thing. I definitely want go back to the TX coast in the next few months but I'll take the dogs the next time.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jewel,
    My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
    I was looking for blogs about Port Aransas to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you soon!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete