Saturday, March 14, 2009

The rain that escaped me

We've had days of much needed rain. Cold rain but still welcome. The downside is that I was supposed to get my rain gutters but the contractor who's doing that and other work didn't get to my job in time. You see, I'm going to collect the rain in big rain barrels so on those dry days, I can just pull out the free water from the sky. So as much as I love rain and am glad my yard and all the dry creek beds have been refreshed, I can't help but watch it trickle away thinking that I wish I could have captured it. The good news is it's going to warm up in the next few days and all the wildflowers are going to be bursting out. It would take some talking to convince me there's anywhere better than the TX Hill Country in the spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment